The Rose That Grew
The Rose That Grew LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the therosethatgrew.com website (the “Service”). A visitor or end user of our Services shall be referred to as “you”, “your(s)” or “yourself”.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
This Policy also applies to Personal Data collected through the mobile version of our websites, independently of the mobile operative system, mobile device or browser you use to access it.
Capitalized terms that are not defined in this Policy have the meaning given to them in our Terms, along with any and all of our rules, guidelines and ancillary policies (if any), all included herein by reference.
User Agreement & Registration
As a user of our Services, you will be asked to agree to this Policy by clicking on the “I Agree” checkbox on the registration form, pop-up box or other analogous means. Through that action, you thereby acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Policy, which is and constitutes a legal, binding agreement between you and The Rose That Grew LLC.
Overall, this Policy is freely available for your review prior to registration, and if you do not agree to its terms, your remedy shall consist of not registering an account, and exiting the web tab through which you visited our Site.
For purposes of this Policy, our websites shall be the initial point of contact between you and The Rose That Grew LLC, and will serve as the point of collection of any personal data you may provide us.
Accordingly, by registering with us and/or otherwise using our products and services, you consent to the collection, transfer, processing, storage, and disclosure of your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may collect the information and content that you post, upload, use, exploit, sell, subscribe to or otherwise exploit when using The Rose That Grew LLC, including any user generated content. Your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on The Rose That Grew LLC This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms.
We may also collect information that cannot be used to personally identify an individual person, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information that we may collect, such as number of clicks, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs; which are smaller than cookies and tell our server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s device.
We may also collect “log files,” “server logs”, “clickstream” data and “Internet Tags”; which are used for system management, to improve the content of our websites, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Personal Data Collected via Service Providers
We may allow our users to use third party Service Providers integrations such as WordPress, Facebook, Google and others (if available). Our platform might also provide an option of using your social media credentials and, thus, by such action, we will collect your Personal Data as given by such third party platforms, but never more than the Personal Data these platforms disclose.
Collected Personal Data from such third parties will include, but will not be limited to, friend lists, email, image gallery, likes and other information. If you close your social media account, or if you deauthorize our access, your access to our websites may be suspended. For more information, please read the terms and policies of such third party platforms. Please take into account that such third party social media platforms may disclose and share your personal information according to their own rules, guidelines and policies.
For our users who are creators of content that is sold to end customers, the social media integrations may allow you to access, treat and use Personal Data according to their own terms, conditions, guidelines, policies and advertising rules. For more information, you ought to be familiar with such documents, which are not enforced by The Rose That Grew LLC Any changes in such functionalities will be the sole and final responsibility of the social media network.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you wish so, you can easily disable cookies on your web browsing software by following the step-by-step guides located at www.allaboutcookies.org and at www.youronlinechoices.com.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are necessary for proper functioning of our Services, such as displaying content, logging in, validating your session, responding to your request for services, and other functions.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the Site to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using our Services. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on the Site.
- Efficiency Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use The Rose That Grew LLC (e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors). This helps us to improve the way our Services work, understand the interests of our users, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. Some of our efficiency cookies are managed for us by third parties, and these cookies do not collect information that could identify you.
- Demographics and Interests Reporting Cookies. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
We may also collect and use the data contained in log files, which may include your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our platform, the time you visited our platform and which sections you visited.
When you access our platform via a mobile device, we may use your mobile device ID (i.e. the unique identifier assigned to a mobile device by the manufacturer) and/or Advertising ID (for Apple iOS) instead of cookies in order to recognize you and track displayed web pages, along with their performance. For the latest versions of Apple iOS, your device would request you one or more times for your express consent for advertising tracking.
Use of Data
The Rose That Grew LLC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Rose That Grew LLC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
The Rose That Grew LLC will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Rose That Grew LLC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States of America and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure to Affiliates and Partners
We will need to share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity.
In addition, any of your submitted user generated content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on our platform.
We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Rose That Grew LLC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Rose That Grew LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Rose That Grew LLC.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You can be assured that personal information collected through the Site is secure and is maintained in a manner consistent with current industry standards. The importance of security for all personal information associated with our subscribers is of utmost concern to us. Your personal information is protected in several ways. We protect inputted information by undertaking the reasonable technical and administrative security measures (e.g. firewalls, data encryption, physical & administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.